1. Latrina lingua] "The latrine language" – a pun on
2. qui moccat moccabitur] "He who mocks will be mocked."
3. Side note:
4. Puttana Errante] i.e "The Wandering Whore", by Lorenzo Veniero, (1531).
5. Side note: This matter is discoursed by Rabelais in his 11th chapter of his 5th book. "Un moyen de me torcher le cul le plus signeurial, le plus excellent, le plus expedient que jamais fut vu" A method of wiping my arse which is the most princely, the most excellent, the most useful as could ever be seen."
6. sapientum octavus] "The eighth wise man."
7. Side note: This may be omitted in reading.
8. Μισακμος [Misacmos] "Hater of filth."